Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Vinyl Lives!



There was an article on CNY Central (NBC 3/CBS 5/CW 6) that I received on Twitter about how vinyl's coming back. I left a comment there and it should show up soon.
These days, I buy usually buy vinyl when it's imported or something you might not find everyday. I must have over 200 LPs, 12"s, and 7"s at home (Discogs helps me keep track)! I do have a turntable, but I don't use it that much. I do when I have to convert a rare record to mp3 (most of those I did are here on the blog). I'm still itching to get more wax at a CD record fair or store out of town. I find it too easy and pricey to get something online unless it's as scarce as hen's teeth! I guess I buy to collect, though the records aren't always kept in perfect condition with my obsessive-compulsive disorder.
I would buy new vinyl if it's a reissue or release of something I don't already have on real format. Don't plan on getting a new player anytime soon. They're not just for DJs anymore! I don't have an mp3 player because I'm not picky enough as to what to put on it.
Indie stores and chains like Best Buy alike are helping with the record Renaissance (not necessarily the band I can't afford to see in Rochester next week). Hark back to a simpler time today!

No comments: