Friday, June 11, 2021

Prom

 

If only kitties could have one too!
COVID-19 has taken too much from us already, including prom from the kids.  Even this year, some were not held.  One in Schenectady County was held by a student instead.  While it's too late too have anything now, next year, when things are likely better, I could have something myself, and it would include 2020 and 2021 graduates alike.  I would maybe have it before the end of the college semester as there would be students from out of town who were deprived this year and CNY has several schools in the region.  They would be too young to go to most adult proms where you'd have to be 21 because it'd be where there's alcohol (one place in town used to have it a couple times that I went and another at least once.  There was also a one-off for a charity and two more at a non-profit that is now closed).

I would book the OnCenter downtown if there's enough demand.  I would need sponsors, an event planner, catering, DJ, you name it.  If only a few people are interested, a smaller place I know would work, yet there isn't much room to dance (the other place across town was bijou, yet they could get everyone in there).  I'd like to start a GoFundMe, but each time I do, I never see a dime, as I'm not good at these things.  I have posted about this before, trying to start my own only in recent years regretting not going to prom when I was in high school, as I didn't want to then and couldn't even if I did.  At least by now, I've had a handful of chances since, yet would like to see something like we've seen in film and on TV, as well as online from recent memory and days gone by. Virtual just isn't the same.

Teens in smaller schools without their own prom, or those who schools didn't have it this year or were homeschooled since pre-pandemic could also attend, as well as those from anywhere who missed out.  I would have to plan all year, and I would lose interest once the season peters out until it starts by next spring.

No comments: