Monday, October 5, 2026

Advocates Incorporated Live Talent and Art Show

Same floof, different place. No endorsement implied.

 Still buzzing from Launch's talent show, I just was informed by rival Advocates Incorporated that they would not be holding their annual Virtual Talent and Art Show this year because fewer people were participating anymore. It started back in 2020 during COVID-19 and continued as such until last year. I even sent some of Notskys pictures in, I'm sure. I think if it were held in person like Launch and Indera (who had a couple at two different places already this year; the last one being the first under the new name), perhaps some more clients would have a go at it. We're not the next Star Search, of course. We probably won't even have an Ed MacMahon (yet that show has a reboot on Netflix, but that can go on the sister blog). Just a special event for clients to show everybody what they can do. I do know that our Henry Awards winner (if you know, you know) would not only have an advantage, he'd know how to sort everything. Like the other place, there'd be several sponsors to help cover costs. The Red House in downtown Syracuse in the former RKO Keith and Sibleys would make sense since the Landmark Theatre up the street would be too big, overbooked and expensive for a small time affair like this. It would be more of the same to let the Palace because Launch were just there and it may confuse some people. Downtown is more centralised and close to businesses, despite the cost and availability of parking and what have you. I'm not the Harvey Goldsmith or Bob Geldof of NGO talent shows, mind. I just think that there's a better way than online. I didn't do much virtual earlier in the decade and I don't even care for Zoom and all that lot. I'm sure it can be done, even if it doesn't happen until next year.

No comments: