Friday, July 31, 2026

lavcd.ru

Screenshot of banner from Wayback Machine

 It appears that lavcd.ru has gone offline. I even tried the online detector to see if it was just on my end or if it had server issues. The detector claimed that it was business as usual, but I couldn't put down that it wasn't. This is where Boris has been getting most of the pirate CDs for me. Because there has been little to go on from either end lately, as well as events of the past several years, we're lucky to do this once a year now. Even though some new releases have come up that I know are in there, it's just finding enough older material to maximise the cost of P&P, especially because I have to go through a third-party service via the post or FedEx, which is a bit more expensive, along with finding all of these rare CDs in person, trying to avoid getting them all online, despite even the simplest things becoming harder to find at brick and mortar stores these days since they can't all compete with the internet. I wonder if the site is blocked outside of Russia or if the authorities even took it off, which wouldn't surprise me at all. Also having to go back to the site each week and downloading each file just became too much, and I have a life and schedule now. I hate to see this come to an end, yet I would rather get more official CDs locally in person, but not even the better known artists are on every corner, let alone ones who hardly if ever touched the US or any chart for that matter. I'm just not aware of other resources there one can turn to now. I will have to look into this some more when I have the time. It could just be either technical difficulties or they are no more. More as I can find anything, but until then, it's just indefinite hiatus.

No comments: