Thursday, September 11, 2008

Yes - It Can Happen...Again!



As I mentioned earlier, it seemed like Yes would follow what Journey and Judas Priest respectively have done by finding a new lead singer on YouTube and from a tribute band. Benoît David from Québec-based Yes tribute band Close to the Edge has won the pools to do an upcoming tour. If they come to my provincial town once again, I suppose I'll go to see if it'll be OK. It's hard to stomach at first, but we'll get by. It's "Perpetual Change".
We know poor Jon Anderson is on the disabled list for at least the rest of the year, and I hope he gave his blessing. I hope Benoît won't get the scorn that Trevor Horn did on the Drama tour's UK leg (I was way too young to go then!).
David does have a range similar to fellow Canadian progger Geddy Lee of Rush, REO Speedwagon's Kevin Cronin, and Montréal-friendly would-be Yes contender Roger Hodgson.
This once again leaves Chris Squire as the only remaining original member (for now).
Anderson was unhappy at first that they're gonna go on without him, but reneged his statement on his solo site. Most of them haven't even checked on him. Sir Winston Churchill said "Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it". Ain't it the truth?! I just hope things work out. Even David would want things back to normal, as there is a price.
UPDATE: My review appears on Forgotten Yesterdays and PYX 106.
More Yes updates as they come. Remember this is not the real Melody Maker.

No comments: