Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Paul McCartney Changes Labels Again

All the Best!

I go to emusic and I find that two Paul McCartney compilations I have got, Wingspan and All the Best! (US edition). However, the label says Hear Music, which he signed to three years ago after 45 years time with EMI. I thought he'd be going to One Little Indian. Personally, I would rather buy the physical item on import. I have about thirteen to go, so I have to win the lottery to get all of them and see Paul a fourth time out of state to boot!
One reason he may have decided not to follow through with OLI is because they're distributed by Virgin/EMI in the EU, and he just left them, so he'd almost be back where he'd started! In layman's terms, he's a free agent.
Even a heavyweight like him can benefit from the indie scene. The industry has changed dramatically over the years as we all know.
When the studio albums are reissued, I hope they get more bonus tracks, especially Tug of War. The campaign starts in August with Band on the Run (what better one?!) with more to follow.
The Up and Coming tour is on now. It's not to promote a product necessarily (this will be a future post).

No comments: